Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Walk By Faith

 


I had started working on this week's blog.."Losing Faith"...inspired by Sunday's message. (it might be next weeks!)
But then as I settled down on Monday evening and reflected on the day...."Losing Faith" didn't seem fitting.
"Miracles" "Step by Step", "One Day At a Time" "Overwhelmed with Gratitude" all titles that could have worked.
After 102 days in hospital ERs, ICUs, medical floors and rehab dad came home!  
And throughout his journey his faith was ever present. He knew, even when he was still sedated, that the Lord was with Him.
And Mom, even at the scariest moments,  had "a peace" that comes from a deep faith and trust in her heavenly Father.
Was there fear? of course!
Was there uncertainty? Many days.
Even in a moment when Mom thought that the love of her life, her rock of 57 years might not make it, she told me she had been praying and "she just had a sense of peace fill her". (She has had that several times throughout all this}
Her faith in what God was doing allowed Him to give her the strength...the strength to stay on her own for 100 nights.  To drive herself to Plattsburgh almost every day. The strength to tend to all of it by herself.

📖 No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them. Joshua1:5-6

Dad's faith gave him assurance that he would eventually come home.  
As I have shared before: he told us one day "The Lord told me I will go home."
And with faith Dad believed that every day!
Every time he faced a new challenge; to speak, to swallow, to stand, to walk, to breath on his own, he had faith that God was right there beside him.

📖 For I am the Lord your God
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you. Do not be afraid, you worm Jacob,
little Israel, do not fear,
for I myself will help you,” declares the Lord,
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel. Isaiah 41:13-14

We all face challenges, and we need to have faith in our Lord and Savior and take one step forward...and if we can't walk...move...move and trust God is there!
📖 For we walk by faith, not by sight.  2 Corinthians 5:7 (NKJV)

So today ...Happy 78 Birthday Dad! I don't think there has been one sweeter or more celebrated! 
📖 Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well. Luke 17:19

🙏 Lord, thank you for the faith, strength and courage you have given Mom and Dad. I pray that we all continue to grow our faith so that we too can have strength and courage no matter what we face!❤

📖 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
11 Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:10-11




3 comments:

  1. Oh Tracey, This is beautiful! You have a God given talent to put our feelings into words. Thank you so much for this and for EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This says "anonymous" ??

    ReplyDelete