Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Losing Faith

 So as I said last week I had been working on this....inspired the prior Sunday.  
The message was about faith. Terry started by sharing how a friend stated she "has lost faith".
In this day and time it is easy to "lose faith".
But I got thinking...we get discouraged, even despondent, but is it God we lose faith in...or people??
For me during my most down, discouraging, empty times, when I think back, it is people I lost faith in not God. I know God is there, I know He loves me and I trust Him.
📖 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13

📖 See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure. 1 John 3:1-3

But people are, after all, human and humans are flawed beings. 
God is....GOD.  He is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent....He doesn't change....so He shouldn't disappoint.  
📖 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 1 John 3:20
📖  Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4:8
📖  Now hope does not disappointbecause the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:5

I know we may not understand God many times....may not understand the answers we receive, but we trust Him, still know that He is there.
📖 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,
declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

But people are sometimes selfish, short sided, prideful...and their choices may hurt us, or others. 
God is the same, regardless of their choices,  regardless of our choices.
📖 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8
📖 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes  3:11
📖  I know that all God does will last forever; there is no adding to it or taking from it. God works so that people will be in awe of Him. Ecclesiastes 3:14 (HCSB)

God is still Holy, even if things aren't going according to OUR plan. 
📖 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy." 1 Peter 1:16
📖 But you, Lord, sit enthroned forever;
    your renown endures through all generations. Psalm 102:12

Being in this world means bad, tragic, sad things will happen....because we live in a world full of sin. 
📖 I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33

I think if we feel we have lost faith, sometimes we need to examine where we have placed our faith and trust..
Have we placed it in a person or people? or have we placed it in the One who created the universe,  created us!?
📖 Have faith in God, Jesus answered. Mark 11:22

🙏My prayer for you this week is that you can say...
📖 I been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.    Galatians 2:20❤


No comments:

Post a Comment