Thursday, September 1, 2022

Hands-On Savior

Again, one line in scripture during our Sunday message, inspired me for this weeks blog..
📖 39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.” Luke 24:39 (NKJV)
"Handle Me" "Touch Me" "See that I am real"
We have a HANDS-ON Savior!

When He was on the earth and ministered to people, He walked with them, ate with them, lived with them, He was very accessible to those around Him, but more than that He allowed them to come close to Him, to physically touch Him!
📖 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.  And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them. Mark 10:14-16
A beautiful image of Jesus and Hands-On!

 📖 Now when Jesus returned, a crowd welcomed him, for they were all expecting him. Then a man named Jairus, a synagogue leader, came and fell at Jesus’ feet, pleading with him to come to his house because his only daughter, a girl of about twelve, was dying. As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him. And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped. Who touched me? Jesus asked. When they all denied it, Peter said, “Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you.” But Jesus said, Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me. Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. Then he said to her, Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.”  Luke 8:40-48

Some He did not ask to touch Him, but they knew His power and might.

Others were humble enough to know their brokenness and their need to be that physically close to Him. 
📖 When one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, he went to the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table.  A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume.  As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.  When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.” Jesus answered him, Simon, I have something to tell you.”  “Tell me, teacher,” he said.  “Two people owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. either of them had the money to pay him back, so he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?” Simon replied, “I suppose the one who had the bigger debt forgiven.” You have judged correctly, Jesus said. Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.  You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.” Then Jesus said to her, Your sins are forgiven.” The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?” Jesus said to the woman, Your faith has saved you; go in peace.” Luke 7:36-50

It was life changing!

 Jesus demonstrated the humbleness of heart needed...when He put His hands on His disciples feet and washed them!
📖 so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him. He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?” Jesus replied, You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.” “No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”  Jesus answered, Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.  Then, Lord,” Simon Peter replied, “not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!”  John 13:4-9
It was important that Jesus demonstrated the continued need to touch even after He had been crucified and raised from the dead.
📖  While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” They were startled and frightened, thinking ta hey saw a ghost. He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.” When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, Do you have anything here to eat? They gave him a piece of broiled fish,  and he took it and ate it in their presence. He said to them, This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms. Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.  Luke 24:36-45
Being Hands-On can give clarity and understanding.

📖  Now Thomas (also known as Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came.  So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.” A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” Then he said to Thomas, Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”  Then Jesus told him, Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” John 20:24-29
That is speaking about us...."blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe"!

As Christians we have a real Savior, who is alive. He was raised up into heaven and He ministers to all who believe. 
But how can that be "Hands-On"?
He gave us the Holy Spirit to reside with in us!
📖 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.. John 14:26-27
You can't get more HANDS-ON than that!!

🙏My prayer is that you desire to have a "hands-on" experience with your savior today.  Don't just put His words in your hands...but allow the Holy Spirit to fill you and guide you!❤

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring thank you for all your messages

    ReplyDelete