Tuesday, September 27, 2022

A Waiting Game

 As I sit and wait for a daughter to come out of a procedure..and wait to hear the outcome.
I ponder the waiting we seem to do all our lives;
We wait for school to be over,  the whole career or just the school day! the work day to be over, we wait for "THE one", we wait for the children to arrive, for the children to talk, walk, to go to school, to arrive home before curfew, we wait for test results, pay day, we wait for the better job, things to be better, we wait for the end. (And there is an end for all of us)
📖 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 1 Corinthians 13:12
But what are we missing if all we are doing is waiting?
Waiting is a part of life, but it should be a proactive time, not a waste of time. We should be waiting on Him and His purpose, instead of what we deem should be next.
📖 Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord! Psalm 27:14 (NKJV)

I think of those I know who have battled cancer; those who know the end is near and are waiting for it to come.
Courageously making the most of the waiting moments. Praising God for the blessings they find in the moments they are given, trying to do for others, serving God how ever they are able.
Even with their limitations they find ways to engage and be "a part".

I have been privileged to be an up close and personal witness to several who have "waited with grace and gratitude". 💔❤
We all know there is another stage of life coming, but focusing on the here and now allows God to pour His blessings out on us, allows us to see where God is working and how we can serve Him and be a part of His blessing to others...no matter our capacity, He will provide all we need to do what ever He asks of us!
📖 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19 (ESV)
🙏My prayer for you today; That you see His blessings all around you and you find His purpose in your waiting!❤

☕❤ PS. She came through the procedure well, and they believe it was successful! Thank you Lord and AMEN!
I tried NOT to waste my waiting time...working on this as I sat. (Except for those "few" Instagram posts I shared!😉)

No comments:

Post a Comment