Thursday, September 22, 2022

Not A City Girl

 I didn't know when I was going to write my blog; Sunday night...or when we got home from our trip....obviously I didn't get to it Sunday!
I am not a city girl...the hustle and bustle....(which is a romanticized statement in my mind) and the city lights do not entice me.  I do appreciate those who live and work there, and pray for them!

I know I have written more than once about taking time for God in the busyness....but after the last 3 days....that is what I am left with. 
 Traveling a total of 800 miles on the highway and small curvy, country roads, towing a camper!  (First time!) Arriving safely,  and with the help of a wonderful lady (Pat) at our campground (Korn's Shawangunk Kill) set up was quick and smooth, a great spot, full hook-up! (Thank you God! & Pat!)
📖  Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Romans 12:13

Driving into New Jersey (no camper Thank you Lord!)
I truly believe God's Hand protected us several times while driving around Hoboken!
📖 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3

There was much to pray for and give praise for;
From just individual people you pass 
📖  Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16

To praying for those memorialized....
those from Hoboken who lost their lives serving in WW II,
Hoboken WW II Memorial (Sinatra Park Hoboken NJ)

and those from New Jersey who were slain in the terror attacks on September 11.
Empty Skyline Memorial
Empty Sky Memorial (Liberty State Park Hoboken NJ)

To Ellis Island and what was supposed to be the start of a new life for so many fleeing persecution, poverty and famine.


📖 No one remembers the former generations, and even those yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow them. Ecclesiastes 1:11

To our country, as we viewed Lady Liberty and the New York City skyline.


📖 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16


The view that has been forever changed...as well almost everyone who lived in that vicinity in 2001, and countless others.
New York City skyline 1989

I also breathe a prayer of gratitude for so much; those who sacrifice for my freedoms, for where I have been blessed to live, for my family (those who traveled with me, those who "held down the fort").
For ALL the safety over all the miles. For the sweet moments.
The biggest, of course, was when we pulled in the driveway and got that camper parked!

🙏 My prayer for you is that no matter what kind of "hustle and bustle" your life is like today you can find God in the busyness and give Him Praise, find gratitude in what is around you and pray for those things that are needed.❤
📖 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11


         (Photo by Rachel Ramsdell Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment