Friday, February 1, 2019

Dry Spot

A bit of an explanation about this post being so late!  Things get a bit crazy and it is all of a sudden Tuesday or Wednesday.  I actually started the blog....got interrupted and when I went back to it it wasn't there! Then more things distracted.  I wasn't sure if I should try to rewrite the same subject, but nothing else was coming to me,  maybe I was "dry"!?
AND then, "should I even post....so late?"
Well, God in his AMAZING, AWESOMENESS showed me at my Ladies Study group last night, that yes....the right subject and post as soon as I was able.
The verse from last night:

📖 The Lord will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land 
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,

 like a spring whose waters never fail.  Isaiah 58:11

 so here is what I started earlier in the week:
Have you ever felt that way, like you hit a dry patch?  were wandering in a desert?  Your well is empty?
I think we all have those days, weeks or even seasons where we feel empty, parched even.
Days when you feel you haven't any reserve.

BUT if we get to that point, I believe that, at least for me, it isn't God who is lacking, but ME!
 He is always there, He is always ready to fill me up,

📖 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them." John 7:31-38

That is Christ's promise to me, to you....."Whoever believes will have living water flow from within!"
You can't be dry and parched with water flowing from within!
And Jesus hasn't gone anywhere, hasn't moved from His throne on high!  So it is me who has "moved" or "wandered"  so-to-speak.
During our study and discussion last night I was shown that we have to choose to spend time "soaking in the Living Water"  Jumping in with our whole bodies, and not just "dabbing a bit on with a cotton ball".  We have to want to be quenched.  Just like wanting that cold, refreshing drink on a hot day....we should desire a long drink from the Living Water that is offered to us any time.

Just as Jesus offered the Living water to the Samaritan woman, He offers it to us;

📖 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”    “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”     Jesus answered, Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”  John 4:10-14
The complete story   John 4:4-26

So IF you are feeling empty today; dry, parched, in need of a long drink...spend time with the only One who can fill you, the only One who can sustain you in times of drought.  You will be blessed and be able to bless others!

📖“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.

They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.”   Jeremiah 17:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment