Monday, February 4, 2019

more Water please

I am finding last weeks post...which was only a few short days ago...to be something of a consternation to me.
It took me all week to post and then as soon as I posted it other scriptures that I  originally intended on using came to mind.  They weren't anywhere in there as I was writing!
SO maybe there needed to be a part 2....MAYBE there was more in this that I needed to hear!

This is what has been in my head since I posted Friday. The song As the Deer and the verses from Psalm 42

In reading this I see the writer cry out in his "dryness" and then remembers where his "water", his resources, his Hope, his LIFE comes from.
It shows a person being real, I put in bold the HOPE;

As the deer pants for streams of water, 
so my soul pants for you, my God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.


    When can I go and meet with God?

My tears have been my food
    day and night,
while people say to me all day long,
    “Where is your God?”


These things I remember
    as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go to the house of God
    under the protection of the Mighty One
with shouts of joy and praise
    among the festive throng.



Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.



My soul is downcast within me;
    therefore I will remember you
from the land of the Jordan,
    the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.



Deep calls to deep
    in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
    have swept over me.



By day the Lord directs his love,
    at night his song is with me—
    a prayer to the God of my life.



I say to God my Rock,
    “Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
    oppressed by the enemy?”
My bones suffer mortal agony
    as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
    “Where is your God?”

Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?


Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.


Haven't we all been there?  I know I have!  I pray that you can also say that you have also found your Hope in Him, and say "I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God"!


📖 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.

2He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.

He restores my soul;

 Psalm 23:1-3a (NKJV)

I pray you find restoration for your soul today!  You allow the Living Water to wash over you and revive your spirit!

Listen:As the Deer - Robin Mark




No comments:

Post a Comment