Monday, January 21, 2019

Son Tracking


It may seem odd that I am posting something about the sun after we have been blanketed in about 1-2  feet of snow, and no sunshine to be seen,
but maybe it is the PERFECT time!

In your travels have you noticed open fields covered in solar panels, large black table like objects?  The ones that inspired this blog are the ones that are on pivoting heads so that the solar cells can always be pointing in the direction of the sun's rays, the source of power.

I am sure you can see where I am going with this.....
We need to be SON trackers!  Always facing the Source of our power, our Light.

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”  John 8:12

Jesus Christ is the source of our Light, our power, our strength.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isiah 40:29

 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

But what if it is dark, there are no rays of sun to be seen? You feel buried?
We  have to remember that there will be no time when it is completely dark, where there is no light.

If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. Psalm 139:11-12

There is NO darkness with Him....His light outshines any darkness!  That is our hope!  When we trust Christ we trust that though times we may struggle and it seems hopeless, His light is always there!

With the solar panels when there seems to be no light that is when the stored energy is used.
We need to "store up" by instilling God's word in our hearts so that when dark times come we have His Strength and Power to draw on.

These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.  Deuteronomy 6:6

I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:11

I keep my eyes always on the Lord.    With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken  Psalm 16:8

If we maintain our Son tracking, daily turning our face, our eyes, our souls to Christ, we can remain a source of Light for those around us!
 The chorus to the old hymn, Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus sums this up well for me:

And turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace     Songwriters: Helen Howarth Lemmel

Click on the link if you want to hear a full version  Turn Your Eyes. Upon Jesus. Lauren Daigle

No comments:

Post a Comment