Monday, February 11, 2019

What's Your Super Power!?



Yesterday was one of those days when the Spirit was speaking as clearly as if He were using a PA system.....at least one only I could hear.


I did the scripture reading in church yesterday...1 Corinthians 13 (funny thing...I chose it to be read) and the theme message at our AWANA Kids Club at church last night was love and some verses on love.

I would like to share with you what I saw/heard through out yesterday
I read the full chapter 13 HCSB version:
I prefaced  my reading with the fact that even though this scripture is read at weddings a lot...and is thought of as the qualities of romantic  love...it is Christ's LOVE, what Christian love should look like
📖  Love: The Superior Way

If I speak human or angelic languages

but do not have love,
I am a sounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy

and understand all mysteries
and all knowledge,
and if I have all faith
so that I can move mountains
but do not have love, I am nothing.


And if I donate all my goods to feed the poor,

and if I give my body in order to boast[a]
but do not have love, I gain nothing.


Love is patient, love is kind.

Love does not envy,
is not boastful, is not conceited,

does not act improperly,

is not selfish, is not provoked,
and does not keep a record of wrongs.


Love finds no joy in unrighteousness

but rejoices in the truth.
It bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

But as for prophecies,
they will come to an end;
as for languages, they will cease;
as for knowledge, it will come to an end.
For we know in part,
and we prophesy in part.
But when the perfect comes,
the partial will come to an end.
When I was a child,
I spoke like a child,
I thought like a child,
I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man,
I put aside childish things.
For now we see indistinctly,  as in a mirror,
but then face to face.
Now I know in part,
but then I will know fully,
as I am fully known.


Now these three remain:

faith, hope, and love.
But the greatest of these is love.
Without love there would be no hope or faith

📖  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.       John 3:16-17

Because God LOVED first.....whoever  believes God gave His only Son so that we can have eternal life is faith. The Son came to save us is hope!

We are called...commanded to love like Christ

📖   My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.  You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other.  John 15:12-17

It was super hero night at AWANA and I was Captain Valentine and my "super power" was LOVE.  I told all the kids they can have the same "super power"...and the source of that power is .....Jesus Christ.
You have it too you know....not just Captain Valentine or his team of AWANA super hero's....
Any one who puts their faith in Jesus Christ and their life in His hands has the super power love!
📖 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'  This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' Matthew 22:37-40

But we have to USE our super power... and use them for the good of others and for God!!
Patient
Kind
Giving
Encouraging
Forgiving
Selfless
Respectful
Humble
Gentle
Serve


SO What is your Super Power?!

The Greatest is LOVE!

🎶 Amazing Love (You Are My King) Newsboys

No comments:

Post a Comment