Monday, January 29, 2024

RE-assurance

As I was mulling over ideas for this week's blog, an idea came, ....and went just as fast!
But as I was doing my devotional reading this morning, I knew what I was to write about today.
.

For this to be the Scripture today!
Today, actually, I was reading it almost to the hour...of my sister passing three years ago.
๐Ÿ“–And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.


Then it occurred to me that this rolls right off last week's blog... and assurance!
But maybe more RE-assurance!
Then, as I looked up John 14 for the reference in my reading I realized that it was the same scripture used during church yesterday!

๐Ÿ“– Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

RE- assurance 
We have the assurance that those who believe will be with Christ one day. No more sorrow, no more pain.

One of the songs we sang yesterday was "I Will Rise" by Chris Tomlin.   
Chorus:
And I will rise when He calls my nameNo more sorrow, no more painI will rise on eagles' wingsBefore my God fall on my kneesAnd riseI will rise

RE-assurance 

Just a week or two before she died, my sister and I talked about the Mercy Me song "I Can Only Imagine".  She wanted it played at her funeral and she mused about what she would do when that moment arrived.
I can only imagineWhat it will be likeWhen I walk by Your sideI can only imagineWhat my eyes would seeWhen Your face is before meI can only imagineYeah
Surrounded by Your gloryWhat will my heart feel?Will I dance for You JesusOr in awe of You be still?Will I stand in Your presenceOr to my knees, will I fall?Will I sing hallelujah?Will I be able to speak at all?I can only imagineI can only imagine

 Whenever I hear that song I think of her, I always will. This past November we had the privilege of hearing Mercy Me sing it live and I was reminded of a dream I had shortly after Leah had passed....she was on her knees in a grand, large sanctuary (wearing a  brightly colored beautiful jacket of course๐Ÿ˜˜). 
"To my knees will I fall"

And as I was writing this my daughter's were posting memories of their Aunt Leah and didn't one of them use "I Can Only Imagine" ...laughter and tears all rolled together!

RE-assurance.

I have assurance that I will be in my 
Saviors presence when my time comes. 
We are blessed when we can feel the assurance that the ones we love are in His presence as well.♥️

๐Ÿ™Dear Lord I pray that all who read this have the assurance of salvation and know that they will rise and spend eternity with You, no more sorrow, no more pain.  I am so thankful for the RE-assurances you give to me and to others, Amen♥️

๐ŸŽต I Can Only Imagine.   Mercy Me

PS. just another "thing" about today. The devotion was about bringing a new dog home, and as I was finishing this blog up I was spending part of the day supporting my sister-in-law as one of her pups was at the end of it's life. ๐Ÿ˜ข♥️

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful our two daughters. Thank you Tracey for being with her.

    ReplyDelete