Thursday, February 15, 2024

Beautifully Broken

We all have heard statements like; "That is going to break me."  "I will bend but I won't break."
Comments that "being broken" signifies weakness or lack of fortitude.  The awful news of a situation will break us.
It is talking about our spirit, our heart.
This was in a book I read recently;  the female character said, "If one more person dies, I think it will break me." And the male characters' response was "that's OK, I will hold you while you break." 
And I thought....wow!  Isn't that more apt than "I will bend but not break?".!? Or "no of course you won't break"?!
It made me think....we HAVE to break, 
we have to come to a point in our lives that we are broken before our God....because He will hold us while we are breaking....and only He can make us whole again!
📖 May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together—spirit, soul, and body—and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ. The One who called you is completely dependable. If he said it, he’ll do it!  1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (MSG)
People around us can give us love and help and support but the true Healer is Christ!
And the more broken we are the more He is glorified.
📖 But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.   2 Corinthians 12:9-10
We have the initial moment when we realize we can do nothing without Christ. We need and want His saving grace...we are at the end of our rope, the bottom of our pit.  Like the prodigal son who realizes he needs to go back to his father.
📖  When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death!  I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.  I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’  So he got up and went to his father. “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ Luke 15:17-21
We all have times (more than once in our lives) when we are hammered by life and times when we are emotionally and spiritually shattered. 
We cry out to Jesus and He is there....

📖 I call on you, my God, for you will answer me;  turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.
Show me the wonders of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes.
Keep me as the apple of your eye; 
 hide me in the shadow of your wings.  Psalm 17:6-8


 📖 And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,   as the Lord has said,
even among the survivors
whom the Lord calls.  Joel 2:32

The image in my mind....God holds me in the palm of His hand, always.  Sometimes I get too busy and caught up in "me" and my issues I forget that.  So when the waves come crashing in and I feel shattered....God is already holding the pieces in His hand....I just need to remember that and allow Him to begin the process of restoration. 
He turns our brokenness into something beautiful and we should give Him praise!

📖 He heals the brokenhearted
    and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3


📖 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.” Isaiah 61:1-3

🙏Dear Lord, our Healer and restorer, I pray that we allow You to take our broken pieces and turn them into something beautiful, to be used by You. Amen❤️

I pray one or both of these songs touches your heart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment