Monday, January 15, 2024

I Will Serve

In the message yesterday at church Ronald Reagan's inaugural speech was referenced, in particular "A Soldiers Pledge".
Words found written in the diary of a young Martin Treptow, who gave his life serving our country in WWI.

“America must win this war. Therefore, I will work, I will save, I will sacrifice, I will endure, I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, 
as if the issue of the whole struggle depended on me alone.” 

Which was so apropos as the following day, today, is celebrated as Martin Luther King Jr Service Day.
It immediately brought to mind several of Dr. King's quotes. 
Martin Luther King Jr. once said: “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: ‘What are you doing for others?’”     (https://cl.usembassy.gov/honoring-martin-luther-king-jr-day-serve-others/)

"Everybody can be great...
because anybody can serve.
You don't have to have
a college degree to serve.
You don't have to make
your subject and verb
agree to serve. You
only need a heart full
of grace. A soul
generated by love."
--Dr. Martin Luther King  (FindYourExcuses.com)

As believers and followers of Jesus Christ we are called to serve. 

📖 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.  For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.' If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other Galatians 5:13-15

📖 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people,  Galatians 6:7

🙏I pray that each one of us makes the effort to work, to save, to sacrifice, to endure as we serve Jesus our Savior!
Not just today but every day♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment