Tuesday, January 10, 2023

The Eyes Have Sparkle

๐ŸŽง CoffeeTime Audio

Since my cataract surgeries in November and December I felt certain that there was a blog in it somehow.  
First of all an amazing blessing...I came out of the surgery on my right eye immediately having 20/20 vision!  I don't believe I have ever had 20/20 vision...I began wearing glasses in 5th grade!
When they did my second surgery they implanted a reading lens....(my contact lenses for the past 6-8 years had been "bifocal" with one eye being my prescription for distance and the other lens my reading eye.)
Because I was able to adapt to that easily the doctor said they could do the same with the permanent lenses they put in.
Just an FYI; for those who don't know...when you have cataracts covering the lenses in your eyes...those lenses you were born with are removed and artificial ones are put in with the strengths to give you as close to 20/20 as they can.

So what direction would the blog take?
I was blind but now I see!  
๐Ÿ“–His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”  “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, said Jesus, but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.   John 9:2-3
Not quite accurate.  I was never "blind"; my vision was 20/200 in my better eye without any corrective lenses. But I wasn't completely blind. 

I definitely see clearer now!
๐Ÿ“– Open my eyes that I may see
    wonderful things in your law. Psalm 119:18
As the cataracts worsened it took more and more effort to see what I needed to, more concentration.  Especially the weeks prior to surgery...after my initial preop appointment I could no longer wear my contacts and my glasses were an outdated prescription and not bifocal....things were very interesting for those 3 weeks!
Once I had the first eye done I actually didn't need the glasses. The 20/20 eye was enough for me to function. Though the difference between the two eyes was extreme.

There just seemed to be many spiritual applications;
Though we have clear vision to start out with, at some point junk and crud can slowly start to build
๐Ÿ“– And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.  Ephesians 4:30-31
We may not even notice at first that it is beginning to cloud our view. We need to seek out an Expert to look closely and tell us how severe things might be.
๐Ÿ“–  Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, 
and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

And sometime we need a whole new lens.  A whole new us!
๐Ÿ“– Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Once we do that we can see clearly!
However, we know that the clearest, best vision we will have is when we see Him face to face.
๐Ÿ“– For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

One thing that seems to be evident since the new artificial lenses have been implanted....my eyes "sparkle" to quote my husband.  Apparently, when you have artificial lenses and the light hits them they are visible to those looking at your eyes!  I have sparkly eyes!

Of course the point of this is mostly our spiritual eyes.  Yes, we must always be aware of what our physical eyes are seeing and taking in
๐Ÿ“– The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! Matthew 6:22-23

"The eyes are a window to the soul"!  What will people see reflected in your eyes?  All that you look at around you each day?  or will they see Jesus "sparkling" there?

๐Ÿ“– The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. Pslam 19:8

๐Ÿ™My prayer for you;

๐Ÿ“– Ears that hear and eyes that see— the Lord has made them both. Proverbs 20:12

๐Ÿ“–“No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light. Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are healthy, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness. See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. Luke 11:33-35

๐Ÿ“– I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, Ephesians 1:17-18

๐Ÿ“– fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

that your eyes SPARKLE with His light! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment