Tuesday, January 31, 2023

My God is Still the Same

๐ŸŽง CoffeeTime Audio

There is a song that plays on Christian radio; My God Is Still the Same, by Sanctus Real and the words have got me thinking.
When things are going wrong or we are in our darkest moments...if we feel God has abandoned us....
HE HASN'T...it is us that have moved. God is still the same, yesterday, today, forever.
๐Ÿ“– Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

The chorus:
"Songwriters: Josh Bronleewe / Chris Rohman / Dustin Lolli
"When did He break His promise?
When did His kindness fail?Never has, never willMy God is still the sameWhen did He lose His power?When did His mercy change?Never has, never willMy God is still the same, yeahMy God is still the same."

We may FEEL like God broke His promises, or He hasn't heard us, or He hasn't shown us mercy.
But think about it....it is because things are not working out, or happening, or going the way WE want.  That is not God changing...it is us dealing with disappointment, sorrow, hurt, etc. and nowhere in scripture have I found that we are to escape any of that, no matter how strong our faith is, no matter how much we serve and follow Christ....we live in a sinful, dark world,
๐Ÿ“– For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Ephesians 6:12
 and we are surrounded by things which seek to destroy us
๐Ÿ“–Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

So in our disappointment, our sorrow, our pain, we lean on Him, we draw our strength from Him, by asking Him to show us how His mercy and grace have been evident. 
How He provided for you in it; people who support you, ways you were able to move forward,  resolution to a problem, comfort in a song or a place or a moment. For you to see what He has done for you in your circumstances, you have to be willing to look, to see. It is so easy to be overwhelmed by all that is happening, crushed by our grief, smothered by our fear that we can become so sorry for ourselves we don't see what He is doing in it all. 
๐Ÿ“– But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:7-9

If you are there right now, ask a Godly friend to pray with you, to help you see God in your circumstances, to point out His presence in it.
Then have the courage and the strength to acknowledge it, because that is hard sometimes, we feel if we acknowledge His goodness in our hard times, then it means that our circumstance is ok, that our suffering doesn't "count for anything ". But that is a lie being whispered in your ear....
acknowledging and seeing God's mercy and grace in your circumstances allows you to see that GOD acknowledges YOUR hurt, pain and suffering! 

๐Ÿ“–  Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.2 Corinthians 12:8-10

 and that He is IN it with you, that He feels for you and is going to stay with you.
๐Ÿ“– and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:20


๐Ÿ™ My prayer for you is that you see that He hasn't moved or changed, and that you remain near to Him and see His grace and mercy for you❤️

๐Ÿ“– But as for me, it is good to be near God.
    I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;
    I will tell of all your deeds. Psalm 73:28

๐ŸŽต My God Is Still the Same Sanctus Real

No comments:

Post a Comment