Wednesday, January 25, 2023

From "Please Do" to "You Are"


When praying in the morning on my knees...I was feeling like my God-Please-Do list was long and all I was doing was presenting my wants.
So I changed it up and decided to just thank Him, for who He is...listing all I could remember from scripture. 
"You ARE...."

Mighty God
📖 Who is like you, Lord God Almighty? You, Lord, are mighty, and your faithfulness surrounds you.          Psalm 89:8                                                                                                                
Rock                                                                                                                                                  📖 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge                                                   Psalm 62:7                                                                                             
 Redeemer                                                                                                                                           📖 Then you will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.              Isaiah 60:16b
📖 I know that my redeemer lives,
    and that in the end he will stand on the earth
      Job19:25
King of kings
📖 ...which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 
1 Timothy 6:15
Bread
📖 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.                                                                                        John 6:35
Water
📖 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” 
John 4:13-14
Light
📖 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” 
John 8:12
Love
📖 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 
1 John 3:16
Healer
📖 Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. A large crowd followed him, and he healed all who were ill
Matthew 12:15
📖 He heals the brokenhearted
    and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3
Anchor
📖 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek. Hebrews 6:19-20
Shelter 
📖 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty
Psalm 91:1
Protector 
📖 I will say to the Lord, “You are my place of safety and protection.
    You are my God and I trust you.” Psalm.91:1-2 (NCV) new century version 
The Word
📖 In the beginning there was the WordThe Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. All things were made by him, and nothing was made without him. 
1 John 1:1-3
Father
I and the Father are one.” 
John 10:30
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows
James 1:17
Comforter 
📖  You who are my Comforter in sorrow,
    my heart is faint within me. 
Jeremiah 8:18
📖 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,
 2 Corinthians 1:3
Provider
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.              Philippians 4:19
Promise Keeper                                                                                                                                      📖Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does.                              Psalm 145:13

As I prayed , my concerns would pop into my head and I realized that those Names covered my concerns as well.
Healer: covers all those sick, 
Redeemer, Bread, Water; those who need salvation 
Rock; those who are feeling lost, adrift
Shelter; those who feel lost, abandoned
Protector; those who are afraid
Light; those who are walking in darkness
The Word; those who need wisdom and guidance
Father, Love; those who feel rejected, unlovable
Comforter; those who are grieving 

The list can go on..
But
🙏 my prayer for you this weeki is that YOU
Make your own list! 
Of who God is and how He answers any need!❤
 

No comments:

Post a Comment