Tuesday, August 17, 2021

When Our Plans Don't Match His

I was starkly reminded of just that Sunday evening....as my husband and I sat having dinner with my brother-in-law.
Last year the plan was to have dinner with him and my sister while were attending a Fire Chaplain's Training conference near where they live..
But due to covid the conference was canceled. 
And when it got rescheduled for this year ....Leah was no longer with us.
It just made me think....
Our plans are not His.
📖 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord Jeremiah 29:11a
Not that I have needed reminding...much that has been happening around us in the past year and a half has shown that.
And most of it we just don't understand. 
Weren't our plans good?  Noble? Righteous even?

📖 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”  declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

We have to remember...His plans take into account the sin, the tragedy, the things out of our control.
We are not all knowing, all seeing ...
📖  Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Hebrews 4:13

We are limited in our view.
Like walking with a flashlight in the dark...or driving with our head lights. 
Our view is limited....we may move cautiously because we know there might be dangers...
But we can not see far ahead....even with GPS ...we can't know if the road has been blocked and we have to take another path.
The key is trusting the outcome.  The road may take us to places we didn't intend or even want to go...but we must trust the destination...
📖  “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8

...must trust that the God, who was and is and always will be, has our destination.
📖 We can make our plans,
    but the Lord determines our steps. Proverbs 16:9

The road may feel rough, almost impassable, impossible.
But nothing is impossible if we are following Christ...walk with Him, His way.
📖  I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13

Eventually we will come to our glorious destination!

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Our future is with Him!!!

🙏I pray that today...no matter how dark your road seems, you let Him be the light and direct your path.❤

No comments:

Post a Comment