Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Listening Skills

 There is a sign ....some colored words on a regular sheet of paper...posted up at work. (Emergency Department of a local hospital) and God used it to convict me!
 


"Show Off Your Listening Skills"
I am known as a "talker"  but I would much rather be known as a "listener"!
πŸ“– My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. James 1:19-20
I do try and be a listener..but my mouth gets the better of me in conversations..much of the time.

LOOK  - at the speaker
πŸ“– We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. Hebrews 2:1

THINK - about what they are saying 
πŸ“– To answer before listening—
    that is folly and shame. Proverbs  18:13

RESPOND - positively 
πŸ“– Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11

QUIETLY LISTEN
πŸ“– Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 1 Peter 3:4

πŸ™My prayer is that I can listen with God's ears and heart. 
It is my prayer for you as well.❤

What I have to say should never be more important that what I have the privilege to hear.

πŸ“– Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. Philippians 2:3-4


No comments:

Post a Comment