Thursday, August 26, 2021

What Do We Do With "It""

 It was just a week ago that I spent 3 days with people I had never met before....we prayed together, worshipped together, ate together. Some of the women painted together, laughed together and we shared concerns that were on our hearts....but this past Sunday evening...as it dawned on me..."wow it was just a week ago we met new people...and what have I done with it?"
Had it changed me? Impacted me? Was I doing anything differently?
I hope that I made a bit of a difference for them...an impact for Christ. Though we were all Fire Chaplain's wives ...we still can encourage one another, still make a difference.
I have been praying for each one (trying to remember each name) but I remember the needs, the sorrows, the triumphs.
Contact information is going to be sent out...will I keep in touch?
πŸ“– I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, Philimon 1:4

Paul wrote this in his letters to several churches, and I am certain he did not know each person by name.  But he prayed for all of them.

God presents us with new situations and new people ...sometimes frequently.
The person who checks you out at the store. If you do grocery pick up ..the one who brings it to your car.  Or the person who delivers it to your door.
The people that answer the phone when you call to place an order or sort out an issue.
The person who cuts you off in traffic or doesn't move when the light turns green (hey now ...!!!)
πŸ“–  But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! Matthew 5:44

We don't know their names...but God does. We could read their name tag...or take note of their name...and pray for them.
But also remember that your reaction and response to them can make a difference...you can impact their day! Their week! And if we have the opportunity to share to gospel ..we can impact their whole life!
πŸ“–  He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Mark 16:15

We do not believe in coincidences...people cross your path for a reason!  For them to impact you....and /or for you to impact them!

πŸ™I pray that every encounter today ...you view as a God ordained appointment...so that you can...
πŸ“–  Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low positionDo not be conceited. Roman's 12:14-16❤

No comments:

Post a Comment