Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Memory Keeper

I just went through hundreds of photos...memories...of my sister. To put on boards...to represent her....her life.

How do you weed out...choose the ones to be displayed...choose the ones that depict her....who she was....the memories that show her inner self?
Is that what we are reduced to?  Memories in photos...videos....what we carry in our minds?
To me, however, there is comfort...I thank God for every scrap....
It occurred to me....He remembers every single memory.
And holds them all.  What a relief ...at least to me.

📖 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.  Psalm.139:13-16
He formed us....every part of us....He knows our inward being.  David wrote this knowing all his days...his life are written....not forgotten, but held in a place of importance. 

📖  Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29-31
If He knows all about each bird that falls...He must know everything we do...if He knows each hair...He knows each thought...every memory. 

📖 Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you!
16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls 
are ever before me. Isaiah 49:15-17
If we are engraved on the palms of His hands so are all the memories that go with us, that fill us and make us who we are.


📖  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-12

I believe those plans create our memories....so His plan includes memories. 

Better than any board or hard drive or cyber storage....Our Heavenly Father holds our memories and keeps them close.  We can trust Him with them, like when handing them over to the person who will create the boards and print them.

🙏I pray that you can take comfort in knowing He has your memories today, we can trust Him to not forget.❤

It was a great comfort to do the boards for my sister.   And they turned our amazing (just like her!❤)  thank you Fonda and UPS Store in Potsdam !!



No comments:

Post a Comment