Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Homelessless

There is a song....(of course)...that has a line
"this world is not my home,"....
Does it make us feel worried or concerned to hear those words?...does that make us feel or think we are homeless wanderers here on earth?
 I saw person walking the street the other day, I believe she was carrying everything she owned with her in about 4 grocery sacks.
It made me think... what if I was homeless?....or needed to leave the home I have with only what I could carry??
📖  The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.



So Abram went, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Harran.  He took his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot, all the possessions they had accumulated and the people they had acquired in Harran, and they set out for the land of Canaan, and they arrived there. Genesis 12:1, 4-5
Though it says he took "all the possessions they had accumulated"  They still had to be able to travel with these...and no moving vans or trucks, what they could carry in their hands or on the animals they had.  
Still,  what would it be like if I needed to go? What would I take in my bags that I could carry? I would need necessities like...toothbrush? I maybe could do without the paste? soap? clothes?....food?...what about my memories?, important papers?  
Phones today house much of our information and DO make it easier to carry much with us in  a small package.....but...
What if we had to walk away and leave it all behind?? Would it be hard? Sad? Would we even be willing to? or able to?
BUT, is it what should be most important?...should it tie us to this world? Should it throw us off course as we make our way toward our destination?
📖  Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be alsoMatthew 6:19-21

📖   But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

God blesses us with so much, but He has something far better in store!

📖 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” John 14:2-4

Our end goal....even in building and establishing our homes here on earth ...should be for the glory of heaven.
I pray, that when you "log into your "spiritual GPS", Heaven is your destination.
There are NOT alternate routes....that give you different travel times, and different types of roadways.  (WE may cause twists and bends in the ONE right road....but know that only ONE road leads to our destination.)
📖  Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6
That road IS Jesus Christ....
the belief in Who HE is....Son of God
what HE has done ...came to save; through death on the cross and resurrection from the grave
that He did it for you...
📖  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,  and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith.Romans 3:23-25a

that we choose to follow His footsteps while here on earth...
that all we do gives others direction to Him.

This is just our temporary home...for however long He wants us to be here serving Him
and then...on that Glad Morning!  we will meet in heaven!

The world is not my home, I am just passing through!

I have a dear friend who would not say good bye but....."until we meet again; here, there or in the air!"


No comments:

Post a Comment