Monday, September 30, 2019

Corn Maze

I have never been in a corn maze...have always wanted to....maybe this year!  My husband has begun a side job on a local farm that annually does a corn maze.
If you do not know what I am referring to it is when they take a fairly large area of a corn field and cut pathways with-in it....in a maze.  Paticipants walk through figuring out the pattern and trying to get to get out or "home"!  It is like those paper mazes you would follow with a crayon or pencil....only human size!
So where am I going with this??!!
Over a year ago my middle daughter went to this corn maze...with the man who is now her husband.  (This was before they were married.) We were talking about the experience over the weekend and she made a statement that inspired this blog.
"I just took his hand and let him lead."
Did you hear that??!!
I just took His hand and let Him lead!!!
Should be the statement of a Christian walking through the maze of life!
Could it be any simpler than that??
We accept Christ as our personal Lord and Savior, the boss of our life.  We then should take His hand and follow!
📖For I am the Lord your God
    who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
    I will help you. Isaiah 41:13
But how many times do we rush ahead...find ourselves down a dead end path?  We get ourselves so turned around we don't know if we will ever find "home".
But His hand is always right there...for us to reach out and take.

📖 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”  Matthew 14:31

Then my daughter went on to say " I would never have found my way with out him."
😳 I could NEVER find my way without Him!
We can travel through this maze of life but without Jesus Christ holding our hand we will NOT get Home!
📖 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

This week seems to go "hand in hand" (pun intended) with last week's Out Of Hand blog and I believe next weeks will spin off from this one in the direction of Home!

No matter what turns you have made, what wrong path you have taken ....reach out your hand to Jesus...He is waiting to take yours and lead you on the only path through this maze!!
📖 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:24

🎵 Please click on the video.  It is a version of Precious Lord, Take My Hand that I liked and made a power point.  Please enjoy! (the song was written by Thomas A. Dorsey. This particular arrangement is done by Carroll Roberson and the pictures are Rachel Ramsdell Photography)



PS there could be a whole other blog on how the statements my daughter made could go a long way in strengthening a marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment