Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Me and the Music

Music speaks to me often and conveys much to me and for me.
Our Praise Team leaders were both under the weather and unable to come a few Sundays ago.  I was asked to put together some songs...(I have a few times over the summer; YouTube videos of the original artist doing songs we have sung, familiar songs put to power point lyrics I have done before, and sometimes I am inspired to introduce a new song.) But everytime...I try to allow God to direct where the play list goes and that  Sunday was no different.
So you....(unless you were at church with me that Sunday and have already heard these)...get to experience my thoughts as we go through the music! (All songs are shared via YouTube, only one is my creation with  Amy Grant's song Better Than a Hallelujah)

I had a few songs in mind but once I sat down and started working on things….the list was inspired! Here are the songs, (please click on the links to listen) and the thread of thoughts that were woven through them:

🎵 Fear Is a Liar. Zach Williams 

FEAR seeks to destroy.  The first part of  John 10:10    Jesus said 📖 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

Satan will use fear to steal whatever he can…our joy, our confidence, our peace, with lies.  We let him destroy even our very lives.
So no matter where fear has taken you, to what desperate place….the rest of John 10:10
📖  I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Romans 5:3-5
📖 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;  perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

📖 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33


 I don’t know about you….but let troubles RAIN down on ME!!  “..let it rain, whatever You want, You are God and I am not!"

"The same God
Who brought the sunshine
Is the same One who brings the rain

Yeah, the same God
Who made the sunshine
Is the same One who knows my name"

 We have hope in the rain that He will bring us through the storm.

And when we cry out to Him in our weakness 
….sometimes it is better than a Hallelujah,
🎵 Better Than a Hallelujah - Amy Grant

….sometimes it is better than a Hallelujah, because....
 📖 ...he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong2 Corinthians 12:9-10



And in those times He is making us stronger, when we feel there is nothing left but a pile of ashes, He will raise a diamond out of the dust!


 In James 1:2-4 it says
 📖 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


 With the next song we gave our offerings and sang with joy…..” I’ve got a sweet salvation that is beautiful, I have a heart overflowing that has been restored!
🎵 Old Church Choir - Zach Williams

Through our fear, our suffering, our pain, He has made our faith stronger...we have been restored, made new
📖 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:The old has gone, the new is here! 1 Corinthians 5:17

It was communion Sunday and we approached the altar knowing what Christ came to do, what He did for us, so that we can have Life, and life to the full.
And now as you listen to this last song....remembering what He did for you....I pray you fall into His open arms.
🎵 O Come To the Altar - Elavation Worship


Maybe you didn't get any of my thread!  BUT my prayer is 
🙏you were blessed by the music, however God used it! 

I would love to hear what song "spoke"your to your heart, or touched you the most.❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment