Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Resolutions and Solutions



No Matter What Comes My Way...

When peace like a river
When it flows my way
When sorrow surrounds me
And I don't have words to say



I will hold on to you and the
Promises that you make
‘Cause it is well with my soul
No matter what comes my way
No matter what comes my way.
I know you're watching over me.
I know that you will never leave.
I know that you won't turn away
So I, so I won't be afraid

When joy like an ocean
When it floods my heart
When I don’t feel good enough
And the fear tears me apart

It is well  
With my soul.  
It is well  
With my soul.  

I will hold on to you and the
Promises that you make
‘Cause it is well with my soul
No matter what comes my way
No matter what comes my way.
I know you're watching over me.
I know that you will never leave.
I know that you won't turn away
So I, so I won't be afraid
No matter what comes my way
No matter what comes my way, oh
No matter what comes my way

No matter what comes my way, oh


Driving home in the evening...leaving my Mom at the hospital 3 hours away...going through the day in my head...I kept hearing the words to this VBS song.

My sister and I had just discussed some of the scenarios that may play-out in our family's near future.  And some of them are pretty scary...
But the Truth she and I settled on is that...
No matter what, God has this ..
Has our family...from my sister's imaging on her liver today to our mother's neck surgery this week...to ALL the rest.
And though we have resolutions and solutions that WE believe are best, it comes down to trust and faith ... SO
Do we have faith that God's resolution of the issue is BEST for HIS glory?
Do we trust God enough even if we don't understand or even like the solution?
What ever comes my way!

We see God in every step of this.
From a trip to Florida to find spinal cord compression...and the name of a Syracuse neurosurgeon.
To sitting in his office a week later...
To within 10-15 minutes from talking to the doctor you are a direct admit with a room across the street at the hospital!
We got the hospital room faster than dad's hotel room!
To even little things...like Dad's shuttle driver being a delivery driver to dad's former employer and other area schools (because Dad taking a shuttle on his own in the city is a big deal and having someone who would know the same places would have calmed dad's nerves)
Or even finding a hotel that would shuttle to more than the airport!

We....any of us who are going through "stuff", have to remember;
He promises to be with us, in times of trouble and times of joy!

For this is what the Lord says:  
“I will extend peace to her like a river and the wealth of nations like a flooding stream; Isaiah 66:12

God is our refuge and strength  an ever-present help in trouble

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way 
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam  and the mountains quake with their surging.

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
 the holy place where the Most High dwells.
God is within her, she will not fall;
    God will help her at break of day.

Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;

    he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

The Lord Almighty is with us;

    the God of Jacob is our fortress.     Psalm 46:1-7

It is well with my soul....
because God has all the Resolutions and Solutions that we could ever need!

Here is the link if you want to listen  No Matter What Comes My Way


2 comments: