Monday, July 2, 2018

A Lesson From Vacation Bible School

You know me...songs etc run through my head!  Last week was our annual Vacation Bible School (VBS)...so all the great, catchy music, that is so amazingly sung by 2 very talented ladies in out church, are all that keep running through my head! I hope you take the time to click on ALL the links and enjoy the music and the bible stories!
One of my favorite songs;
Or one about  about a man in one of our bible stories;

Our verse was Isaiah 43:2
"When you pass through the waters I will be with you."
Today I am going to look at the whole section starting with verse 1 and going into the first half of verse 3.  The "bookends" to verse 2 are just as meaningful.
"Now, this is what the Lord says,
the one who created you, O Jacob,
and formed you, O Israel:
“Don’t be afraid, for I will protect you.
I call you by name, you are mine.

When you pass through the waters, I am with you;
when you pass through the streams, they will not overwhelm you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not harm you.

For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your deliverer."

First of all ...sit up..and listen..."This is what THE LORD says"...
.."I have CALLED YOU BY NAME, YOU ARE MINE"!  Do you get that part??!!...the importance of it!!??
So we are going to insert our name into this verse...because HE calls us by name! 
"[Your name here] ie. 
[Mary] when you pass through the waters I will be with YOU.
when you walk through the fire [Mary], YOU will NOT be burned, the flames will not harm YOU [Mary].  
For I AM the Lord your God [Mary] the Holy One of Isreal,
YOUR deliverer,  [Mary]."
 During the week we learned about different people in the bible who had their "rough waters" in life and in each story Jesus was with them, literally!
When  Jesus Calls the Disciples it was "rough water" for them. They were called to leave job, family, everything they knew.  BUT Jesus was with them
Mary and Martha Martha had "rough water" when she had to learn the lesson that it was more important to listen and spend time with Jesus then to worry about all that was around her.
Zacchaeus had rough water because, of course he was so small, and he had done things that made him feel unworthy to see Jesus.
BUT Jesus was there, called to him AND wanted to go to Zacchaeus' house!

What I hope each child (and adult) there took away from the week;
That no matter what rough water we are going through,  Jesus is there with us as well!


the song that went with the verse


And I pray that for you today, you have peace knowing Jesus is with you through anything you are going through!



No comments:

Post a Comment