Monday, July 16, 2018

Moving Mountains




I may have talked about faith before..
Maybe even used the same scripture.
But I have another perspective on "small faith"  ..I don't mean I had little faith that God can do ANYTHING....that He can arrange a place for Mom to have some relief from debilitating spinal stenosis...that He can keep a plane in the sky...
because I know HE CAN! ...it is more that fear, anxiety, uncertainty crowd faith and only give it a tiny bit of space.
 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”  Matthew 17:20
So, to me,. that means even if my faith has been crowded so small...God can move mountains!
AND a big one!  I never thought I would board a plane without feelings of apprehension, panic, dread, anxiety, over the top fear.....because those were the feelings I had standing on the ground TALKING about flying!
BUT, Mom needed surgery and it is in Tampa FL...so I made travel arrangements, picked seats, chose luggage and booked the flight!  Not once with any feeling of dread or anxiety.  Checked bags, went through security...with a mom in a wheel chair and walker and luggage...still no panic.  Waiting...to board, then on the plane...in the very last row....I even opened the shade on the window! Still good!
Finally time for take off....I took pictures out the window!  We had some bumpy turbulence...nothing, I am sure to the seasoned traveler...but I didn't even really pay attention.  More pictures out the window...then I closed the shade and read a book! I even dozed off!
Then came landing.  Opened the shade..though I did need to close it when we were banking! (A little bit of motion off balance thing going on)
 I even videoed the landing for my grankids!
How is that possible!?....I did not have to give myself any pep talks, did not even have to grip the seat! The answer....GOD!! 
He took that mustard seed size faith and moved my mountain of fear!

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
1 John 4:4
He, who is in ME, is greater than anything in the world...or anything "not Christ" that is IN me!!! And really that  instantly!  

Such confidence we have through Christ before God.  Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 2 Corinthians 3:4-5

He moved that mountain..and we have confidence this mountain before my mom will be moved too!!  AMEN!!!!

Click on the song....words are true...and it should make you 😃!

Greater - Mercy Me

No comments:

Post a Comment