Wednesday, November 8, 2023

THE Feast

 A comment during Sundays message, which 
was excellent if you want to watch
When Bill said that scripture, God's word, "is a feast" given to us..my brain immediately went to imagery.
A banquet before us,
πŸ“– You prepare a feast for me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
    My cup overflows with blessings.  Psalm 23:6 (NLT)

But we must sit and eat.
πŸ“– Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Matthew 4:4

It is best for our digestion if we chew and eat slowly
πŸ“– Oh, how I love your law!
    I meditate on it all day long.
98 Your commands are always with me
    and make me wiser than my enemies. Psalm 119:97-98
We need to read, and reread and ingest God's word.
.πŸ“– These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:6-9

Bill mentioned some parts of scripture might seem slow (boring) dry..I thought immediately "it is the lettuce or celery of our feast!" But ALL is part of the banquet. 

There are foods with the nutrients we need to sustain and thrive.
πŸ“– But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. 2 Peter 3:18

If I just ate the lettuce I wouldn't feel very satisfied,  
πŸ“– Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. Hebrews 5:13-14

If I just ate the potatoes I would feel full, but not get  all the nutrition I need.
Eating all that is offered will supply all we need

πŸ“– And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

πŸ“–  You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. Matthew 5:13

There are comfort foods, like potatoes, pasta, sweets
πŸ“– Remember your word to your servant,
    for you have given me hope.
50 My comfort in my suffering is this:
    Your promise preserves my life. Psalm 119:49-50

God's word is like the banquet,  we don't have to consume it in one sitting,  but we need it everyday to sustain, to grow, to lack nothing

πŸ“– All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

God's word, in its entirety, is a new and fresh feast every day, if we choose to partake. 
He has something for us...there is simple fare, and delicacies, there is meaty, denser stuff, and there is the bland less tasty portions. There is even things that are hard to swallow, but remember the feast is intended to be consumed in its entirety over time.

πŸ“– For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

My prayerπŸ™
πŸ“– Let the word of Christ dwell richly among you, in all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another through psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. Colossians 3:16❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment