Monday, May 15, 2023

Mothers Day

I posted back on March 7th. 
My Mother's Day message was a spin off from that blog, that song.
I am going to link the songs that we sang on Sunday, because they went with the flow of the service.
And I apologize this is a repeat for those of you who were at church for Mother's Day!
If you would like to watch click on the link

🎡First Things First - Consumed By Fire

First of all the statement "first things first"  has been around for centuries, it means to prioritize, do the thing that is most important first, before things of lesser importance get in the way etc.
I would venture a guess it might have been a mother that coined the phrase!
As moms that is what we do, all day,  prioritize.:
No dessert until the food is eaten
No outside until toys are picked up.
School work first 
Bath first etc
You all can hear it can't you.... childhood memories 😁
We all do it through out the day with ourselves
But this song made me think about what should be first. And today more specifically what our mom's and those who were a big part of our growing up demonstrated for us.

 First let's get rid of anything that might distract or disturb our worship, our service.
We go to God's word first, to know how to live, what to do
Let's pray these verses together 

πŸ“– But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, Colossians 3:8-9
πŸ“– And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:30-32
πŸ“– Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.  Psalm 139:23-24
πŸ“– Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
 
We want to empty ourselves to be full of Him. 
πŸ“– He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:27-30
 
Some you may have brought a Bible that hold some special meaning.
I have bibles throughout the sanctuary to help give us a feel for the idea of what is most important.

πŸ“– All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.  2 Timothy 3:16-17

On the front table is a child first bible, my Mom's Devotional Bible and a Grandmother’s bible.  To remind us that we use God’s word at ALL stages of our lives.
Teaching our children that Gods holy word is the first thing we should look to for our guidance, our map, our instruction manual

πŸ“– Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105

Our mom's are generally the first to pray over us, for us and with us.
And the first prayer Jesus taught us;

πŸ“–  And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.  And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.  Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
“This, then, is how you should pray:
  Matthew 6:5-9
🎡 The Lord's Prayer - Matt Maher
 
No matter how difficult and troubled our situations become if we have a relationship with Christ, we have something to be grateful for. 
πŸ“– I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

We have God’s love to be grateful for
For most of us I pray, our mom is the first to love us, EXCEPT God loves us First

πŸ“– We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19
πŸ“– For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

And we learn how to love, from the ones around us and from Jesus himself,
πŸ“– He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.” Luke 10:27
 
SO if we take a moment  even in the worst of times I bet we can find something to praise the Lord for
 
πŸ“– Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits Psalm 103:2
 
I think we will find we have more than enough to count.
🎡 Count Your Blessings
 
Hopefully, your mom or someone in your life, more than one person I pray! Helped/helps you to see how God blesses you and is working in your life.
 
Maybe your mom didn't pray over you, but someone, maybe even someone you didn't know, was/is.  I believe each of you has been prayed for, times you may not have even known about. We pray for people; and sometimes we don't know names or circumstances,  but we pray. Like we do for the children who receive the shoeboxes, as well as the families and communities they affect
 
I know some of you here pray fervently for many; 
We pray for our parents, siblings, children and grandchildren great grandchildren, our brothers and sisters here in our church family. 
 
This song has become a prayer of mine, I have lifted it to God for many, I have sent the link to some,  I played it over my father in ICU, when he was intubated. 
Today,  I know Moms who are be praying in Jesus name.
 

🎡 In Jesus Name - Katy Nichole
 
When we put first things first we allow God to be front and center. In His word, and in communication with Him.
For many here this may just be a reminder of our priorities.
But for some, you may not be sure of where your priorities are, or you want to put Christ front and center in your life but aren’t sure how.
Our hearts need to be humbled before God, realizing our broken and sinful selves need salvation. Believing that God sent His only Son to this world to save us from our sin. We believe that He died on a cross, but conquered death and rose 3 days later and walked amongst His disciples but them ascended into heaven, but not before telling His disciples to GO and TELL others about God’s love and the salvation they can have in Christ.

πŸ“– Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20

And not just Moms, but Dads grandparents, mentors, friends we all pray and
we all want to set good examples of what should come first in our daily lives 
And we should all be committed to pray, especially for our children as they grow up and in the Lord.
It says in James 5:16

πŸ“– pray for one another

πŸ™ I promise my prayers for each of you, every time I post. I pray that you seek to look into God's Word every day and put the first Thing first.🧑
 



No comments:

Post a Comment