Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Family/Heavenly Love

As I was reflecting on all the events of this past weekend things seemed to gather into one theme that inspired this blog!
We gathered as a family to day goodbye to yet another one of my mom's sisters. Susan Kenyon Plante, (#6 of 13), passed away on April 28th.  We lost Aunt Linda, (#4 of 13) six months ago. (Aunt Marge #1 of 13 was almost ten years ago) Not to mention my sister, Leah two years ago, as well as close family friends.
At Aunt Susie's service Friday sadness and tears mingled with the beautiful sentiments and memories.
But Saturday there was a family reunion that had been planned prior to Aunt Susie's passing (she was hoping to attend).
And not just a family reunion but a KENYON FAMILY reunion! There IS a difference!
Despite sadness, grief and hurt, we gathered to celebrate life!

In spite of brokenness, hurt, discord, tragedy, anger, failure, pain we gathered.
We gathered, in forgiveness, acceptance, restoration, hope, promise and covering all of it was love.
📖 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.1 Peter 4:8

📖 Hatred stirs up conflict,
    but love covers over all wrongs. Proverbs 10:12

We gathered and danced and hugged and visited and loved because of those things!
And because Leah would have dressed in her best hippie or disco attire! Because Aunt Linda and Aunt Susie would have danced every dance, and danced circles around us!
Because my Mom thought it might have been my Dad's funeral last year, and Dad thought, even though recovered, he would never dance with the love of his life ever again.

We gathered and reconnected, we hugged and held on tight because we hadn't seen some in a long time.
We shared stories of joy and hope and healing.
We even had one Aunt come who just the day before, at graveside, took a tumble and sprained her ankle and cut her hand, but Aunt Ann was there with her foot up and iced. Why? because of LOVE!

Love for the siblings that were there, for their children and grandchildren and even great grandchildren that were there. To connect, or reconnect to family.


And as I thought of all of us dancing to the last song of the evening (played for the 2nd time) We Are Family! (Sister Sledge) There was hugging and cheering ...it was heaven!  
 Yes, a tiny glimpse of Heaven!
As I thought about that, it was very fitting. We are all broken, hurting, full of faults and flaws, but because of the gift of eternal life that Jesus has given those who believe in Him, we will one day be dancing together in heaven!  Leah, Linda, Susie and all the rest were...ARE having their own party in the presence of our Lord and Savior! Celebrating LIFE ETERNAL!  Of course we are going to celebrate that here!

📖 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” 
John 14:1-4

📖 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”  Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”  John 14:5-7

🙏My prayer for you is that you know the Way, and you can celebrate that you have the family of God to rejoice and celebrate with, not only here on earth, but one day in heaven!❤️


4 comments:

  1. OUR FAMILY IS SOOOO BLESSED AND HAS SO MUCH LOVE... THANK YOU LORD JESUS AND THANK YOU FAMILY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said, Tracey! It was a sad and happy time for our family. Watching your parents slow dance was my favorite moment!❤️

    ReplyDelete