Monday, January 3, 2022

Happy New Ear

 New Ear...not a typo!
Listening with a "new ear"
A resolution? A reprise of an earlier blog? Something I need to work on?
ALL of the above!

πŸ“– My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. James 1:19-20

First; listening to what God has for me. Listening to God requires time..in His word, in prayer, being still. 
πŸ“– He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

Second; listening to those around me.
Not just to their words, but to their facial expressions,  body language, their tone. Because many times people will say "I am fine." "Everything is good." But their tone, or their face says otherwise. 

πŸ“– Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32
Listen with compassion, not judgement
Listen with interest not apathy 
Listen with love not hate
Listen actively not passively
πŸ“– Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22 

❤Dear God, please give me a new ear....one that listens and hears all You have to say so that I may listen to those You bring into my path.πŸ™

HAPPY NEW EAR!!πŸ‘‚❤

No comments:

Post a Comment