Monday, January 10, 2022

Weren't We Just Here?

 Do you sometimes feel like you are living the game Chutes and Ladders?
You climb that particular ladder only to find yourself, somehow, back where you feel you have just been??
2021 didn't seem much different from 2020,...and now here we are rolling into 2022.  Maybe some of the specifics were different but similar struggles, similar tragedy, similar loss.
Similar is the key...not exactly the same. Every circumstance we go through is a learning experience. 

📖 Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm.25:5
📖 Jesus replied, Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.  Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. John 14:23-24
We learn how to cling to the Lord in our grief, we learn how to let His strength carry us. We learn just how deep our relationship with Him is, and where it might be lacking.
Hopefully. 
Hopefully we also learn to be a better friend, a better listener, a better doer, a better servant. 
📖  Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22

So, was I just here? Maybe similar...but I pray I am different, that I have allowed God to work in me and change what needed changing. That my heart has learned what it means to be humble, compassionate, generous, loving. 
That though the world..life.. keeps throwing things at me, God has not changed, but He changes me daily ...therefore where I am is not the same.
📖  “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

🙏I pray you have allowed God to change you for His purpose in every circumstance you find yourself in❤

No comments:

Post a Comment