Monday, December 27, 2021

God Is Good Even If...

                         Our Christmas card this year   

"God is good even if life isn't."
 that is what I said to my daughter as I was thinking about an annual Christmas letter again this year,  she replied "have that be it!"
It is true ..no matter how much tragedy and terrible things we have had this year...God is still good and on His throne. 

For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; 
    his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:5

And we have blessings .....many if we take the time to notice and count.
"Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside" (Great Is Thy Faithfulness)

Everyday there are things that make me smile, laugh. People I love and who love me. God is there in every moment.

When life doesn't seem fair He is still righteous.
When life is dark He is the light
When we are weak He is strong 
When we doubt His promises hold true
When we are lost He is the way
When we are weary He carries us
When we are afraid He protects 
When we feel alone, He is near
When life is bad He is good

🙏I pray you see His blessings today.❤

Just an update: I worked on this throughout the week, and it was ready for today. 
This morning I was feeling especially blessed ...remembering the beautiful night we had.  Our children, (2 who had to video in because they are quarantined), grandchildren, my parents, sister-in-law, nephew, and my brother-in-law...gathered to celebrated Christmas last night, our first without Leah.
BUT GOD IS GOOD!  and He blessed us with things that had Leah be a part of our celebration!  From the plaid (which is what my dining room Christmas decor is) Christmas tablecloth I had found in a box of her Christmas decorations. To her ornaments that I intended to give each person....every ornament matched specifically to an individual! 
Right down to a wine glass ornament with a silly Christmas song that is my favorite!  (finding it made me laught out loud)
We lit candles and sang..."We Wish You a Merry Christmas".
  But we know she is having the merriest Christmas....She is celebrating with Jesus this year!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment