Monday, January 11, 2021

Some Things Never Change

 In this time of upheaval and change, our lives..not just globally, nationally,  but right here at home in our work lives and our personal lives, things have changed and we dont know what "getting back to normal" is going to look like.

There is a song in the animated Disney movie Frozen 2 sung by one of my favorite singing snowmen Olaf. The tag line runs through my head frequently;
🎢 "Somethings never change" 

But if we look around us that seems a joke...everything has changed!
BUT there is one thing that is forever, constant;
Our heavenly Father 
πŸ“– I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8

If we feel He is distant it is us who have stepped away or stepped back.
πŸ“–  I the Lord do not change.  Malachi 3:6a

He is always there.
πŸ“– If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
 
and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
Psalm 139:8-12

Though everything around us (or at least it seems that way) is changing and much of it not for the better, we can have faith in our God who never changes!
πŸ“– God said to Moses, “I am who I Am. Exodus 3:14a

Who is always there for us, cares about us, loves us!
πŸ“– The Lord appeared to us in the past,  saying:                  “I have loved you with an everlasting love. I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Has even secured our place for eternity;
πŸ“– For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish  but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
John 3:16-18

πŸ“– Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his
 compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.” Lamentations 3:22-24
AMEN
So no matter how upside down and sideways things are...He is faithful, we just need to hold on!

No comments:

Post a Comment