Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Resolutions

 New Year's resolutions:
1. Loose those pesky 10 ...15....20 pounds.
2. Exercise more
3. Eat healthier
4. Get those projects done that carried over from last year.
5. Start a new projects list
6. Reach out more 
7. 
8. 

The list can go on and on.
And all noble good goals...
But are they what should be at the top of our lists? our main goals?

1. Love God a little more each day.
πŸ“– Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Deuteronomy 6:5-6

πŸ“– Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. Mathew 22:37-38

2. Learn a little more about Him every day.
πŸ“– To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. John 8:31

πŸ“– All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.  2 Timothy 3:16

3. Put both in to action 
 πŸ“– Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12
πŸ“– In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. James 2:17

"Dear God, 
If I don't get anything else done today
I want to know You a little bit better and I want to love You a little bit more." 
Rick Warren.  Purpose Driven Life

If I don't accomplish anything else in 2021 but this each day....it will be a good year!❤πŸ™

No comments:

Post a Comment