Monday, September 2, 2019

Spelling Bee

September is here and children have gone or are headed to school!  Those of us who are, shall we say, a bit older...may be relieved to NOT be IN school...but we should always be learning!

We even can learn to spell and do our ABC's all over again!

A.B.C.Admit Believe Commit
📖 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. .Romans 10:9-10

J.O.Y.  - Jesus, Others and You.
📖 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:29-31

F.R.O.G. -  Fully Rely On God
📖You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely. Psalm 59:17
📖And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 1 John 4:16

A.S.A.P. -  Always Say A Prayer
📖 Rejoice always,  pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

B.I.B.L.E. - Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
📖 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,  so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:15-17
S.W.A.G. - Saved With Amazing Grace
📖  For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God  not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

No matter our age or status in life we can learn lessons like:
We need to SING...louder than we did in music class
📖 Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples. Psalm 96:1-3

Make Noise...like we were just let outside for recess!
📖 Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!  
Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Psalm 100:1-2 (NKJV)

🎵 Good News Mandisa (click to hear song and see if you can sit still!)

And just like PE class we need to MOVE... for the Lord
📖 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday. Psalm 37:5-6 (ESV)

📖 Serve the Lord with gladness; Psalm 100:2

As I was sitting down to do this blog and find the scripture I might use, I opened Biblegateway.com and the verse of the day was....
📖 The earth is filled with your love, Lord; teach me your decrees. Psalm 116:64

I had to laugh and said "Thank you Lord for showing me the verse that covers the whole BLOG this week!  Isn't He a GREAT and AMAZING TEACHER!?
AMEN!

The song, I hadn't heard before, was playing while I was writing!  I just had to share because it went with what I was writing....I included the link where I was at the time I heard it!

I pray that you seek out and look for the lessons that God has for you today!  EVERYDAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment