Tuesday, August 27, 2019

River of LIFE

This is delayed a bit because the blog I had intended for Monday didn't seem to be the one God intended...
While doing up my early morning dishes Monday, I was thinking about our outing with my daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandchildren the previous day.  It was a gorgeous Sunday afternoon out in their boat on the water at Rainbow Falls.


And as I started reminiscing about the day, God placed a new blog idea in my mind!
First of all the song "River of Life" (VBS version) keeps playing in my head.
🎡 I've Got a River of Life (click to listen)
And what life there was on the water! All the vegetation along the edges. (Even noticed a few trees changing color😱)
We could see the water grass and weeds swaying just under the surface in the more shallow areas.
Insects danced on the surface of the water giving the illusion of rain drops.
An occasional fish would would break the surface reaching for those insects closest to the surface.
We even saw a beaver lodge, evidence of animal life along the water.

On the boat there is a fish finder....a "finder" of the life that can't be seen in the deeper darkness of the water.
And it is also a depth finder....sonar bouncing off the land hidden beneath the surface to give a gage so we didn't go too shallow and run aground.
It also shows hidden dangers; stumps and rocks which could injure or even damage the motor prop.


I've got a river flowing out of me!
springing up within my soul!
A river full of LIFE....life so abundant and free...because the River in me is full of Him!
πŸ“– Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”.John 7:38
πŸ“– The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 1:14

He has given us His Holy Word as well as the Holy Spirit to help us "detect" any dangers or pit falls that might be lurking near by
πŸ“– Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

If God had a "depth finder" what would it detect?  How deep would it say our faith and commitment to Him was?
How many  hinderences would He find that we seem to let hang just below the surface tripping us up frequently?
How many "fish" would He find on our sonar?   We are called to be "fishers of people"...
πŸ“– Come, follow me,” Jesus said, and I will send you out to fish for people.  Matthew 4:19
...spreading God's love and light to those around us and telling them about the One true source of Life, Life everlasting!
πŸ“–  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

I know it may seem over simplified..but lazing in a boat at trolling speed, watching grandchildren cast out and reel in with their Daddy and their Papa simplifies things...How Sweet It Is!
                                         

To know the Father and have the Living Water of Jesus overflowing in my soul,
knowing He is my Life giver and has given me the Holy Spirit to guide and protect me.
πŸ“–  What we have received is not the spirit of the world,but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 1 Corinthians 2:12
And there is no depth finder that can register the depth of His love for me!  AND FOR YOU!
πŸ“– I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,  so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,  and to know this love that surpasses knowledgethat you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:16-19
AMEN!πŸ’—

No comments:

Post a Comment