Monday, April 29, 2019

Waster of Time.....NOT!

Just a few weeks ago I talked about Time...loosing track of time and running behind....so today may sound familiar, but it is about wasting time.

You may have heard people say or even said yourself;
"That was a waste of time!"
"I wasted years going to college and I have a job that doesn't use my degree."
"I wasted hours waiting in line while I shopped", "...waiting in traffic"," ...at doctors."
"I wasted half my life in that dead end job."
"Why am I wasting my time?!"
You get the picture?!

Wasted time isn't wasted at all...if you are serving the One who created time itself!
📖 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,  and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so.  God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.  God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth,  to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.  And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day. Genesis 1:14-19

Everything we do can be a learning experience.
📖 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  James 1:2-4
Our troubles, our "testing" can produce positive results, mature us, grow us, IF we choose to learn God's lessons in it.

📖   In this world you will have trouble.  is a portion of John 16:33
If we know we will face troubles even if we are serving the Lord....then there must be lessons in it.
the rest of that verse.... “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

➤ learn to trust....He has overcome the world!!

➤ to draw closer to Him.
Like the lesson Martha had to learn.  Mary wasn't "wasting her time" sitting at Jesus's feet.  
📖 Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:42b
click here for the whole story of Martha and Mary

➤To shed or prune attitudes and behaviors that are not pleasing to Him
📖  “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." John 15:1-4

📖 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Ephesians 4:31
and replace them with Christ like ones...
📖 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

➤To show us where or what direction we should be headed in... to change our course if necessary
📖 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

Every moment spent isn't a waste if you try to live each moment for Him.
📖  Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

So, wasting time in that dead end job?..NO....every day go to work for the Lord!
Wasting time in line?..NO..share God's love with the people waiting with you or on you...a smile, a kind word.
Wasting time just sitting, can't seem to motivate? NO.. read scripture, listen to your favorite Christian music, write a note to someone, PRAY!

Feel like you are wasting your time?....it wasn't yours to start with so let God use it!

My times are in your hands; Proverbs 31:15a
USE ALL MY TIME LORD!  AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment