Thursday, April 11, 2019

Running Behind

Photo by Rachel Ramsdell Photography


Do you ever feel like you are a "day late and a dollar short"?
that the "clock is running away from you"?
that you are "running behind"?
Like me this week!
It was all if a sudden Wednesday!  And I hadn't done my blog....and then it was Thursday!!
I shake my head! We have calendars and clocks, watches we wear, watches we carry, clocks in our cars and clocks on our phones...yet we loose track of time!
Sometimes because we are so busy, sometimes because we are caught up in the joy of the moment, and sometimes maybe we are so ill....physically or emotionally we haven't any idea of day or time.
But God never looses track of time, He never runs behind.
📖 As for God, his way is perfect: Psalm 18:30a

His timing is spot on!
📖    There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,    a time to tear down and a time to build,
  a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
  a time to search and a time to give up,    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,    a time for war and a time for peace. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

There is a song we sing at church ...How Great Is Our God
And one verse in it is:

Age to age He stands
And time is in His hands
Beginning and the end  
Songwriters: Chris Tomlin / Ed Cash / Jesse Reeves

No matter how you are feeling about your time...today...this week or even for your life.
YOUR time can be in His hands!

📖  But I trust in you, Lord;
I say, “You are my God.”

My times are in your hands;

deliver me from the hands of my enemies, 
from those who pursue me.

Let your face shine on your servant;
  save me in your unfailing love. Psalm 31:14-16

The one thing we don't want to do is waste it!  IF you haven't given God your life...placed all your time in His hands...
Maybe NOW is the Time!!


📖  For he says,
“In the time of my favor I heard you,
    and in the day of salvation I helped you.”
I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation   2 Corinthians 6:2

If you have done that...just now...or in the past.... sing with me!
How Great is Our God      by Chris Tomlin (click on link)



Photo by Rachel Ramsdell Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment