Monday, August 13, 2018

Life With You

You all know that songs play in my head! And that they play an important part in my inspiration.
Well, for 2 weeks now a VBS song has been going over and over in my head...just the chorus really, but I had to try and see where the rest of the song will take me and YOU get to ride along for the process! 😉
"life with You is better than life without You, and life with You is better than life with anybody else."
Over and over that line has rolled in my head.
It started when Mom had her surgery.  I think part of it was the possibility of her not making it through surgery....and how my life would be so different without her.
But also, no matter what happened with Mom life with Christ is still better than a life without Him. I also knew if that was the outcome of surgery Mom would be walking those "streets of gold"!!!
"You will never leave me, You will not forsake me, I can't wait to spend eternity with You!"  Is the line before the one that was in my head! No matter what HE will never leave me...and in the end I, all of us who believe in Him will spend eternity together!
The song talks about how He is the provider, the lamp that lights our way.
"No one else can part the waters, No one else can give me strength  when I feel weak,
No one else can give me courage to take a 
step of faith. No one loves me like You do."
Strength and courage that come from Him can help us get through what ever it is we are facing.
God, You are my God; I eagerly seek You.
I thirst for You;
my body faints for You

in a land that is dry, desolate, and without water.
 So I gaze on You in the sanctuary
to see Your strength and Your glory.
 My lips will glorify You
because Your faithful love is better than life.
 So I will praise You as long as I live;
at Your name, I will lift up my hands.
 You satisfy me as with rich food;
my mouth will praise You with joyful lips.

When I think of You as I lie on my bed,

I meditate on You during the night watches because You are my helper;

I will rejoice in the shadow of Your wings.

I follow close to You;
Your right hand holds on to me.   Psalm 63:1-8

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6
So why that song for 2 weeks??  Maybe to remind me...and so I could remind you, that no matter what circumstances we find ourselves, life is better if we have chosen to have Christ in it!  And not just IN it but in charge of it!!
That and it is a pretty catchy tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment