Tuesday, June 27, 2017

It is Not About You!

Today ( a day behind) is going to be to the point and fairly brief ...for me.
It is going to be like my "knee time" on Sunday morning.  God was to the point and brief! (one of those 2x4 moments)

I pray daily for many things and many people....fervently asking God to heal, resolve, work mightily, guide, direct for those around me....but when I hit my knees ....all I could "hear" is

"IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU!!!"

"It is about ME!"

"it is not about whether they are healed.  Or they find resolution, or they have wisdom, or you have direction or even if you serve Me today.

it is about ME......JUST ME.....heart consumed with ME.  eyes turned toward ME.  Soul flooded with ME.  AND I will take care of the rest!"


Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
  In the light of His glory and grace
Lyrics:
Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)
Helen Howarth Lemmel (1863-1961)


For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.
Matthew 16:25

We must give up ourselves in order to find LIFE! 
It is not about you or me.....it is about HIM and only HIM!


No comments:

Post a Comment