Monday, June 19, 2017

Good Good Father

I am stealing the title to a song...

You're a good good father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am…
Songwriters: Anthony Brown / Joseph Patrick Martin Barrett
Good Good Father lyrics © Capitol Christian Music Group

 It has been performed by Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, and others I am sure.

We all have a father; whether he is just is a biological DNA donor, or an active part of our lives.  Whether he was our knight, our prince, or the source of our nightmares.
Whether we have known him well, he has passed on, or we are searching for him still
At some point in our lives there is or was a father.

And there is nothing we can do to change who that person is, if we wanted to.
BUT regardless of the circumstances with your father, (and I PRAY that they are good)
you have a heavenly Father
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.   Psalm 68:5

who loves YOU above all else. 

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,  1 Peter 1:3

He is but a breath away....if you haven't already called out to Him....

He will call out to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, the Rock my Savior.’  Psalm 89:26

the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. John 16:27

In your darkest moment or your greatest, giving your life over will give you peace and grace

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.  Romans 1:7

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 1 John 3:1

Let God, through His Son Jesus Christ, lavish His love on you today!
He is THE Good Good Father, be loved by Him!



No comments:

Post a Comment