Monday, June 12, 2017

A New Frame

Today is probably going to seem rather whimsical.....or silly....how ever you may look at it, my hope and prayer is that it is at least somewhat inspirational!

We went bowling last night...10 AWANA kids and 6 of their teachers!  Lots of fun....My score was consistent ...54 both games!  I am not a bowler!  BUT I like to have a good time and it was a fun way to celebrate the end of the year with our some of our AWANA kids!

As I was throwing gutter balls, I made the statement....."next frame I can start fresh!"  and there goes my brain!
Isn't that like each new day?  I may not hit the mark today, I may stumble and grumble and show a lack of faith, I may even throw it all right into the "gutter", I may lack direction and focus. BUT tomorrow is a new day!  We can start fresh!  We ask God to forgive our weakness, our lack of faith, our poor judgement....He forgives us and we start fresh!

This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. Matthew 26:28

Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, Mark 3:28

When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man, Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.”  Matthew 9:2b

We can ask God to direct us so that we are going straight and true.
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

We have to focus...If our eyes aren't front and center, then our aim is going to be off; like mine, right into the gutter!
......And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:1b-3

I love the last verse, 3....Jesus endured all He did so that we do not have to grow weary and lose heart! 
Today is another frame!!  I pray you throw a strike!

No comments:

Post a Comment