Monday, March 20, 2017

oh you gotta know ..oh the God I know!

I just spent the weekend part of a woman's conference! A room full of women singing and worshipping together.   As well as learning about this God we know!
I had the humbling privilege to be one of the speakers and I do not know if or how God will use any part of what I said to touch someone's heart or life, BUT guess what.... it got me!
It was a bit before the first part of the conference,  which was Friday night...my night to speak.
I was running through what I was planning on saying...which God had given me months before!
(here is an excerpt)
I knew He was someone who I could talk to at any time…and did! When ever I had the opportunity, where ever I was…at that time we lived on a farm that was on a dirt road about ¼ ..½  mile from town…we could walk to school, church, the library, my grandparents.  So when I had the opportunity to walk without my siblings I would chat away with my Friend! One day I came upon someone crossing the end of our road.  They smiled at me and looked around, for the other person to acknowledge, then walked away quickly! J That didn’t deter me, I have always talked out loud to God any chance I get. Once I had children talking out loud in the car didn’t look so much like talking to “myself”J

I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. John 13:15-16(HCSB)

He is our Savior and our Lord but He is our friend and He desires communication with us. 

So now I find myself in the car alone!
Satan was doing his darndest  to suck any joy he could from the conference or any woman who was going to be a part....so at that moment alone in my car....it was ..."hey you are going to tell 150 woman that you talk out loud to ME ... and that hasn't  been happening!"  I cleared my thoat, and .... "You are right,  here I am....I need the JOY, MY joy protected.  This whole conference needs a hedge around it!"  And so on and so on.  My out loud conversation continued.  It felt good to talk and hear the sound of our conversation. It centers me, clears my mind from all the other distractions when I talk out loud to Him. Nothing...NOTHING was going to take HIS joy from me or from this conference!

I think that we were put to the test. ...when there were glitches, incidents, change ups, ungodly thoughts and feelings, .....were we going to be true to the words we were saying and singing?!

"Nothing ever could separate us! No failure, no weakness, no doubt in my mind, no prison around me could keep You outside, no not even death, can pull me from Your arms!" Notihing Ever Could Seperate Us (Citizens Way)

Or
"You can't add a single day by worrying, you'll worry your life away. Oh, don't worry your life away.  You can't change a single thing by freaking out it's just going to close you in. Oh don't let the trouble win.  You may feel alone, but you're not on your own! " Sparrows by Jason Grey

"I've got JOY down in my soul, I'm gonna take it everywhere I go, not going to worry 'bout what I don't know, I'll be alright as long  as I've got JOY here in my heart wavin' like a torch fightin' off the dark, in the jet black night I'm gonna see the stars. I'll be alright as long as I've got
JOY! JOY!  JOY!" Joy by Johnny Diaz

and we threw our "hands up, worries down!"
"What was I waiting for? I came alive when I let go.
All I had was a broken heart then He held me in His arms." The God I Know by Love and the Outcome

My hope (and I do believe) that most women there, including myself, were able to "let go" of all the joy sucking moments that surrounded them and give their brokenness to Him and feel "held in His arms"!
and walk away knowing the GOD I know!!!

and IF you would like to hear Victory Baptist Praise and Worship Team doing a few of theses songs!

Here and Now Women's Conference Worship

I pray today YOU KNOW the GOD I KNOW! 

1 comment: