Monday, March 13, 2017

My Life, My Message

I read a statement a while ago that was something about, "my life is my message".  I am sorry now I didn't write down a reference, but it struck me so strongly at the time I thought I would remember all of it! (RIGHT!)
I DO remember why I jotted the one line down and how God spoke to my heart when I read it!

OUCH! was my first thought.  Is MY life a good message....a message that points others to God?

My life on Sundays? When I go teach Sunday school, do the PowerPoints for our praise team, sing those worship songs LOUD!
On Mondays when I have ladies bible study in my home? The message is probably good.

BUT what about my life, when I get no sleep, I feel lousy.  Or I wake up late and can't squeeze in my quiet time. The money in the bank is all but gone and there are still bills to pay. Someone hurts my feelings.  My to-do list is longer than my to-day.
My spouse isn't being as supportive as I would like.
And some of you can have even tougher what ifs....

What kind of message is my life THEN?!   
As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart. Proverbs 27:19

So I need to make sure that what is in my heart is what should be reflected not just to those around me, but reflected back to God!

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:25
If Christ's Spirit is in us then we need to act like it!

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. John 15:16

He desires a visible manifestation of the changes He has made in our lives.  Fruit.....and I know I have used his scripture several times.....
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.     Galatians 5:22-23
I pray this verse often, that I can have ALL the "fruits" in one day!

I pray this often as well.

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.      Psalm 51:10
because only God can take what is not honoring in my heart and replace it with a pure heart, one that reflects Him!


 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.         Romans 5:1-5

SO no matter what "yuck" we have going on we have HOPE because of God's love in our hearts.
That is what needs to be reflected!  That LOVE and HOPE!


So let what you do and say today reflect Christ in YOU! 
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.     Matthew 5:16

And may my life be a message that pleases my Lord and points others to Him!
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.      Psalm 19:14

AMEN!



No comments:

Post a Comment