Monday, May 13, 2024

The Tie That Binds



This week's blog is the message from yesterday's Mother's Day Service at church.  
There are two links;
First one is the songs and a special Mother's Day presentation.

🎬 Video 1

The second link is the message and closing of the service.

🎬 Video 2

I also will include the text that was the basis for the message:

A picture in my car.  Not sure how….but hated to remove.  Makes me smile, reminds me of family ties, that bind me….family memories, stories that tie us together

 

Your family may not be one you want to be tied to. You may not have photos that remind you of happy times.

 

I posted a blog a few months ago  titled No Matter the Bumps;  about family relationships following a family party. I wrote basically that regardless of the disagreements and flaws, we still care about each other and celebrate and love.

Just as no matter our flaws and brokenness, actually because of our flaws and brokenness Christ loved us so much to take on the sins of the world, which includes mine and yours….to be separated from His Father in death…and to rise again for ME.  Because I am a part of His family.

 

πŸ“– The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. Romans 8:16-17

 

Our mothers are an important thread in our lives, a necessary thread…because with out them we wouldn’t be here.  Even if they aren’t here anymore, the memories that we have are still woven through our lives. Even if they weren’t in our lives, or involved or weren’t a positive influence.

Regardless of our family situation, regardless of our relationship with our mother here on earth  we have a family in God, in our relationship with Christ

 

πŸ“– See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him 1 John 3:1

 

We are not the same, we do not always agree, we are diverse as any family but we are one…

 

πŸ“–For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 1 Corinthians 12:13

 

As believers in Christ, as children of God we are united as one.

 

πŸ“–If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. 1 Corinthians 12:26

 

We are tied to the Father through Christ.

πŸ“– John 14:6   Jesus answered“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

πŸ“– I and the Father are one.” John 10:1

They are tied together as one.

When we accept Christ as our lord and savior we are tied to them.

 

God didn’t intend us to be on our own, He designed us to need the support and connection of others.

God created Eve for Adam.

πŸ“–The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”  Genesis 2:18

But more than that we are bound as a community of believers, a family.

 

πŸ“–Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, Philippians 2:1-3

 

It is important to be tied together, IN CHRIST.

 

πŸ“–Two are better than one,

    because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.  Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

God weaves our lives with Him as the common cord.

 

Our relationship to Christ is what binds us together and our stories as to how that relationship came to be…a common thread.  That common thread of being a child of God is a wonderful legacy in some families. It is important to share our story of salvation…not just for our biological families but our Christian family.  So I have asked a few to share their story, briefly.

 

Me: I was asked years ago to “give my testimony” for the first time….my salvation experience. And I had said it isn’t very exciting…I was young, about 10.  I had gone to Sunday school and church as long as I could remember. My mother was a Christian that served in her community and church. I had a great grandmother that was “Jesus with skin on” she lived her faith.  But I remember that moment when it became personal for me. You know when you are young and for me attended youth conventions and events….they have the alter call. And I had gone forward.  Praying THE prayer. But then later on wondering ….had I done it right, had I said it right?! So you feel you need to pray again…to be sure….

But I watched a movie on TV Jesus of Nazareth (1976) our generations Passion of Christ. And I remember crying…most of the night….just the anguish of what He suffered and realizing that it was for me, for my sins and not just what sins I had committed as a 10 year old young girl….but for the sins that I would commit as I moved through my life.  It was then that my relationship with Jesus became my own. Not exciting?  Well it wasn’t a blinding light on a Damascus Road….but I know that there was rejoicing in Heaven!  It was exciting enough for me!

Aimee

Kay

Our lives are tied together with those that God has brought across our paths. Some stay, some go.

But they have influenced us in some way.  AND I pray that we have had a Godly influence on their lives….regardless of what theirs was on ours.

 

The last song is the time for anyone to time to respond to what God has laid on our hears, to make a decision in our pew or here at the alter, feel free come forward to pray or to have someone pray with you.

The ties that bind us in Christ are ones that can last an eternity.

 

πŸ“–Mathew 28:20   And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

 

Blest Be the Tie that Binds


πŸ™πŸΌPraying blessings on all♥️

 


No comments:

Post a Comment