Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Enough

"It is enough ...if no word were spoken no song sung. Is it enough to be in His presence?"
A line from a book I was reading. And it made me think...
Could we have this attitude at church? 
When we attend our worship service do we seek to be in His presence, seek communion with our God. 
Is it enough to meditate on His word and be still?
📖 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

Now don't get me wrong...sometimes the lyrics to a song move me in a powerful way, cause my spirit to soar in adoration.
📖 Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
 Worship the Lord with gladness;
  come before him with joyful songs. Psalm 100:1-2
 The images with the songs are moving. 
The message spoken convicts my soul.  
📖 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,  so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.  2 Timothy 3:16-17

The scripture stirs my heart and mind.
📖 ⁶Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” John 4:23-24

But what if one Sunday they weren't present?  Would it be enough? Enough to still be church? Enough to still be a worship service?
YES!  It least I hope it is a YES!
Me and Him should always be enough.
But the amazing thing about our God is He always pours out more! Builds and adds to.
So it starts with me and Him, a child and a King, a soul and it's Creator. 
But then He allows community and fellowship, corporate prayer, congregational singing, edification and encouragement. 
📖 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:25
 And the act of worship grows exponentially. 

Even with no word spoken, no song sung ....He is enough!

📖 But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  2 Corinthians 12:9

🙏🏼Lord God Almighty, You are Enough! I pray that we seek You and find You and k ow that YOU are enough. We are grateful for the ways we can worship You! I pray we can find many ways to give you all our honor and praise.  Amen♥️


📖 And they were calling to one another:
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almightythe whole earth is full of his glory.” Isaiah 6:3


No comments:

Post a Comment