Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Make Him Known

"Make Jesus Known"
The slogan for NAMB's 2024 fund raising campaign.  This past Sunday started the "week of prayer" for North American missionaries and began their annual Annie Armstrong Easter Offering.  Throughout the month we learn a bit about different missionaries that serve throughout North America. Not usually the first place that comes to mind when you think about missionaries...probably your mind goes to international missions and remote villages, in Third World countries.  
The theme video for this year said so much to me. 
One thing was the number of "unreached" people in North America. ..281 million!
Each missionary spoke about their goal, their purpose is to make Jesus known. 

What struck me, and I shared it at the end of our service....we can give money and support these missionaries in prayer....but it does NOT let US off the hook. We don't just check a box and say "there, I have supported them. Now it is up to the missionaries." 
We, each of us, have the opportunity every day to Make Jesus Known. We are missionaries too!
We can use every opportunity that God places us in to share Jesus with our words, our responses, reactions, and our choices

📖 I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God. But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God. And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. Luke 12:8

I am grateful for those who take their lives and their families and go to the places where God calls them to serve the life of a missionary.  I am honored to support them. 
But I don't want to dishonor what they do by failing to share when and where I am able. 
📖 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.  Matthew 5:15-16

We, as followers of Christ, are called to Make Jesus Known.
📖 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20

🙏 Lord Jesus I pray that we have your boldness, that it goes before each of us every day as we strive to make You known♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment