Wednesday, October 11, 2023

The Genre of Our Story

On a Sunday not too long ago the scripture read was Jeremiah 29. The speaker was talking about "our story", and the Author.
I started thinking about story genres; drama, comedy,  mystery, thriller, tragedy, fiction, non fiction,  etc etc.
And I thought: "my life story has had just about all of them in my 57 years!" Just imagine the story lines for someone like my great Aunt Marilyn, who just passed away at 101!...don't we all cross over to different genres throughout our lives?!
But then I began to think...our basic core stories are all the same, or can be...
The creation of LIFE 
📖 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.....
Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. Genesis 2:7, 22 pm

Our story is an inspirational one
📖 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

It is about repentance, forgiveness and restoration.
📖  if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

It is a love story, where the Hero saves the main character (you!) from death and destruction!
📖 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John 3:16-17

We even know the ending!
📖 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.John 14:1-4

🙏 Lord, I thank you for being the author of our story!  I pray for each beautiful story and that they all know the Author,  giving Him the authority over their story! Allowing Him to weave the threads of love,  forgiveness, redemption, and salvation throughout their different sub plots. Praying for perseverance to get to the beautiful ending that You have for them,  with grace and thanksgiving.❤️


2 comments: