Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Peace Source

Last week I blogged about Peace Pockets (CoffeeTime With A Dear Friend Peace Pockets September 13, 2023) about being peacemakers in our own small area.
But before we can spread peace, shouldn't we HAVE peace?
I used the scripture;
📖 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Because our peace comes from Christ. We must first and foremost have a relationship with Him, believeing that He took the punishment for my sin, for your sin, died and rose again, so that you and I can have eternal life with Him.
And many of us feel that peace
that passes all understanding
📖 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

..but as life moves on we have a tendency to let life push out, squash down, squeeze in peace.
So how can we have that peace that passes understanding?

Trust In Him
  📖 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, .Romans 5:1

Listen to Him
📖 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6

Follow Him
📖 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. Romans 2:10

Be Filled With Him
📖  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Serve Him
📖 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives Romans 14:17

It may seem difficult,  maybe even impossible. 
But Jesus said;
📖 I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

We can not create peace ourselves, that is why He came!

📖 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace. Luke 7:50
🙏My prayer is that you have faith that brings you peace that only He can give.❤️

2 comments: