Wednesday, September 27, 2023

No Words

 Words make up a huge part of our existence. 
Just look at the amount of words I use every week!
Though words seem to have taken on a different look in this digital world. If texting were a job criteria many young people would be more than qualified. However, much of the "words" they use are not really words. The shorthand, slang and symbols baffle many of the older, and not so older generation!  People communicate without words!
But don't we do that sometimes anyway? with our facial expressions?  our body language?  
We can manage to communicate without words.
Sometimes we haven't the words.... in grief, tragedy, sadness we have no words to comfort others, or to cry out to God.

But it causes me to think of the verse....
πŸ“– In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. Romans 8:26

we don't need words.....

πŸ“– Give ear to my words, O Lord;
    consider my groaning.
Give attention to the sound of my cry,
    my King and my God,
    for to you do I pray. Psalm 5:1-2  (ESV)


He knows what we need even without words....

πŸ“– God knows our very hearts
would not God have discovered it,
    since he knows the secrets of the heart? Psalm 44:21

we cry out to Him in our heart, our soul.
πŸ“– My soul yearns, even faints,
    for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
    for the living God.  Psalm 84:2


I love this quote:
Charles Spurgeon wrote: “There are two types of prayers: those expressed in words, and the unspoken longings of silent meditation. Words are not the essence but the garments of prayer.”

My prayer for you today;
πŸ™Lord, sometimes our emotions are bare and raw, and there aren't words to cover them. I am grateful that You do not require them to bring comfort, peace and stillness to our souls.  Please cover all who have no words today. Amen❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment