Wednesday, August 23, 2023

A Comfy Place

 We all have them, that one spot we love to fall back into, that one chair on the porch, that certain spot on the couch, that perfect corner where we can close our eyes and be at peace, if only for a moment. 
For some of us it is a place we go daily for our quiet time, our time to recharge, to "center", to motivate for the day to come or decompress from the one we just had.
 
For some it isn't as much the place as much as it is Who we meet there.
Anywhere can be our comfy place when our intention is to spend that time with Christ.
He is our quiet time
📖 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10
Our recharge
📖   Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:30-31
Our center
📖 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight Proverbs 3:5-6
He is our motivation for the day ahead
📖 In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
    in the morning I lay my requests before you
    and wait expectantly Psalm 5:3

and Who we can decompress with 
📖 Evening and morning and at noon
I will pray, and cry aloud,
And He shall hear my voice. 
He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me,
For there were many against mePsalm 55:is-18 (NKJV)

Jesus is my comfy place....I can fall back into Him, nestle down in and feel at peace....IF I take the time to! 
📖 He will cover you with his feathers,
 and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day, 
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday. Psalm 91:4-6

🙏Lord I pray we all find You as our place of rest and peace today!❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment